I write short stories. I own surprisingly few pairs of shorts. I sometimes short circuit.
"Alana" sounds like "A lotta" = A lotta shorts.

Take the title however you like.

Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm Still Alive! (Which You'd Know If You Follow CallMeLanii)

Hello all!

It's been a long while since I've posted anything. I've been so busy with the two plays I'm directing, the short film I'm writing and co-producing/co-directing, working, dealing with the US Elections, hosting family and friends and trying to be a good wife that I haven't had time or energy to write that last short story and finish my collection.

And I'm still not doing that. I don't think.

I'm not sure what the last story will be. I have a couple that I've started but they feel like they'll be much longer than any of the others, which is ok. I'm just not sure which one to choose or if it should be a completely new and different story.

So.....you know my other shorts posted here. I'll post the two unfinished works and maybe you could let me know which you think fits best or if I should write something new altogether.

And if you don't have an opinion about them in that way, feel free to just enjoy!

-A-

2 comments:

Andria said...

Why, oh why can't I write like you, Alana!?! You're funny, brilliant and witty in these and I love the talent. I want to steal your genius.

Shauna said...

These stories are great! I really enjoyed them and hey, maybe by reading your stories I will get that extra 'kick in the butt' to start writing my own stuff again. Ps. If I had to pick between the 2 I would choose Crystal Sat Staring.

About Me

My photo
I'm Lanii. I try to Be Good. It doesn't always work. "Call Me Lanii" is sort of about that - my inner and outer triumphs (what?) and struggles. "Alana Shorts" is sort of about that, too: I draw way too much inspiration from the crazy and strange events that actually happen to me and end up writing very little 'fiction'. I usually have my tongue quite thoroughly stuck in my cheek.